Terms & Conditions
From here on, OEM IT is referred to as ‘OEMIT’, the individual or CC or Company who purchase or intend to purchase goods and services from OEM IT is referred to as ‘Customer’. The terms and conditions set out in this document must be read and understood together with all of its tables, schedules, addendum and appendices.
Prices and quotations
- The price of the goods sold or services rendered shall be the usual price set out in the OEM IT price-list at the time of the sale of the goods.
- OEM IT has the right to change the prices of the goods from time to time without prior notice to the customers.
- All quotes remain valid for 7 days, and the validity of any price quoted is subject to stock availability.
- Any quote may be changed at any time in the event of any increase in the cost price of the goods, including currency fluctuations.
- Payment is due immediately upon collection of goods save for credit approved customers, in which event payment is due according to the credit payment schedule authorised by OEM IT.
- If any amount owed is not settled on the due date, OEM IT shall have the right to withhold goods from collection and to suspend deliveries of goods.
- OEM IT will accept all written and oral orders. However OEM IT will not be responsible for any errors or misunderstanding occasioned by the customer’s failure to make the order in writing.
- Any order that is invoiced and ready for collection, and not collected within 7 days from the date of invoice will be automatically cancelled.
- Customer or the person designated by the customer to collect goods from the premise of OEM IT must produce upon collection, our quotation number and/or sales order number and/or invoice number as reference. Upon the failure to do so,OEM IT reserve the right to withhold goods from the collection.
- The person doing the collection must inspect and examine the goods thoroughly, and he/she is required to sign on the copies of the invoice to acknowledge that goods are received in good order. OEM IT will not be held responsible for any subsequent damage is done to the goods and/or packaging containing said goods once it leaves the warehouse of OEM IT.
22 Chasewater St ,New Redruth, Alberton ,1450
Tel -(011) 681 0343
- All goods return must be in their original packaging, not damaged in any way, with warranty seal intact and in a working and resalable condition. For laptop screens returned by customer intended for credit, they must be in their original condition. i.e. with all plastic protectors in place; free of rusts, tape residue, scratches and finger marks on all surfaces; mounting brackets/plates and external circuit boards must be in their original position and not bent in any way.
- No goods returned after 30 days from the date of departure from OEM IT premise will be accepted.
- OEM IT is entitled to charge a handling fee of up to 15% (fifteen) on the invoice of the goods returned or of cancelled order.
- No shipping fee and the delivery cost will be credited or refunded.
- All shipping fee and delivery cost spend on the returning of goods shall be the responsibility of the customer.
- OEM IT reserve the right to reject any goods return without providing reason of refusal.
- All warranty periods are calculated from the date of our invoice.
- Items received from customers exhibiting any of the following conditions are NOT eligible for the warranty:
- Serial number labels removed, damaged or defaced.
- Warranty seal broken or tampered with.
- Any damage to the item:
- caused by negligence or not following instructions in the user manual
- Broken or dented casing or any other signs of physical abuse or misuse
iii. User induced damages to the internal components of an item as the result of tampering or modification iv. Acts of God such as lightning damage, flood, storms, etc.
- Liquid damage
- Insect infestation
- In the case of laptop battery failing to charge or dead completely as a result of over-discharging.
- Please refer to the table below which outlines warranty periods on the different product categories:
|Laptop AC adaptor||12 months|
|Laptop battery||12 months|
|Laptop DC jack & Printer Cartridges||No warranty|
|Laptop internal optical drive||3 months|
|Laptop LCD panel||No warranty (* please refer to point 5 below)|
|Laptop keyboard||3 months (* please refer to point 6 below)|
|Power cord for AC adapter||12 months|
|Converter cable for LCD panel||No warranty|
- All faulty goods returned under warranty will be, either exchanged for a replacement unit or repaired to a working and sale-able condition. Under no circumstances such returned item will be credited.
- All screens sold by OEM IT do not carry any form of warranty. However, OEM IT, entirely at its discretion, may offer certain assistance, or provide credit for the screen under the following circumstances:
- For screen not displaying properly when fitted into host laptop, the customer may request OEM IT to copy firmware from the original faulty screen onto the purchased screen provided that the customer can return the original faulty screen with the on-screen circuit board and internal firmware intact.
- Following from ‘paragraph a’, if the subsequently modified firmware still does not make the screen work in a satisfactory manner on host laptop, or in some case in which the firmware cannot be copied for whatever reason, the customer may return the screen for full credit provided the returned screen satisfy the condition as set out under the ‘Return Goods” section (see page 2).
- Unless specified otherwise, all screens sold by OEM IT are A+ grade, which means all screens are free of dead pixels or colour pixel. If any screen is found to have a dead pixel or colour pixel immediately upon receiving of the screen, customer can return the screen for full credit provided the returned screen satisfy the condition as set out under the ‘Return Goods” section (see page 2).
- For any grades other than A+ grade screens sold by OEM IT, the possible number of dead pixels and colour pixel are set out in screen grade schedule. Therefore, if the number of dead pixels and colour pixels found on any specific lot of screens fall within the range as specified in the screen grade schedule, the screens are considered to be in good order. If the number of dead pixels or colour pixel of screens in a given lot is found not in compliance with the screen grade schedule, the customer must inform OEM IT immediately within 24 hours of receiving the order, and as remedy OEM IT. is only liable to swap the individual faulty screen with a new working unit of matching grade.
- For screens that are not compatible with the host laptop for hardware differences or any other unknown reason, customer can return the screen for full credit provided the returned screen satisfy the condition as set out under the ‘Return Goods” section (see page 2).
OEM IT will endeavour to keep an accurate and up-to-date screen compatibility list to ensure compatible screens are sold to a customer. But due to the fact that all existing compatibility information are not complete and a certain batch of screens are not compatible with certain laptops when they are manufactured. , the customer hereby exclude OEM IT from any liability incurred from loss of profit, time delay or inconvenience suffered by OEM IT and it’s clients as a result of receiving an incompatible screen.
- All keyboards returned back to OEM IT for warranty will no longer be tested due to lack of testing equipment, the returned keyboard will be swapped out with a replacement unit. If the replacement unit is returned again as the customer found it to be not working properly, whether due to the fact that the replaced unit is actually faulty and/or the host laptop has other faulty components, the customer is qualified for credit of 100% of the invoiced value of the said keyboard, provided all returned keyboards are in their original condition.
OEM IT offers an import service of parts. OEM IT will negotiate the best possible price and quality parts and the lowest courier and customs rates. We will source the part on the information supplied by the customer and do not take responsibility for incorrect orders. The parts are imported at the own risk of the client and OEM IT will not be responsible for any losses due to quality damage or loss.
- Customer is responsible for returning the item in the condition it is received, and bare cost of shipping to OEM IT premise for warranty claim.
Repairs Terms & Conditions
By accepting service: from OEM IT you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and you agree to them and all applications.
- Services and Diagnostic fee: OEM IT offers free diagnostic with any successful repair. The fee is mandatory to be paid on service booking but is refunded after successful repair to cover part of the service cost. If you decide not to have any repairs or services after the device is diagnosed and deemed repairable there is an R400 decline fee to cover handling and technical assessment labour. The Fee is waived away if the repair job is approved and processed.
- Payments: payment for the repair will be in cash in Advance CIA. The device shall only be released after receiving full payment of the Job card total due amount and settlement of storage charges if any. The exception is for credit accounts.
- Collection: OEM IT shall only release the equipment to the bearer of the equipment Job Card or recognised identity following correspondence from a registered email. In the event of failure to present the Job Card, OEM IT reserves the right to demand such identity as considered fit and necessary before releasing the equipment.
- Storage Charge /Collection Period: OEM IT will impose a storage charge of R30 per day for completed Jobs. These charges commence after 3 working days from the day the job was completed and the client is fully notified by email proof. OEM IT reserves the right to resell any device which is NOT COLLECTED within 30 (thirty) days from the date of completion noted above. In such an event, the customer acknowledges that she/he shall have no claim whatsoever against OEM IT. Risks: OEM IT is NOT liable for any loss or damage on the customer’s equipment due to unforeseen circumstance such as fire, thefts, and or any other event which are beyond OEM IT’s control. While OEM IT takes all precautions to avoid any physical damages to the client’s device, in some sophisticated jobs some scratches and dents may occur in the process of repair.
- Customer Inspection: The customer will assess the physical condition of the device on booking it in at OEM IT. The booking form will identify areas of dent or damage (if any) on the device. Upon collection, the customer must inspect the equipment thoroughly and immediately notify OEM IT of any damage prior to removing the equipment from OEM IT premises. Under no circumstances shall OEM IT or its employees take responsibility or be liable for physical marks or damages on the device noticed after the device left OEM IT premises and signed received in good order.
- Data and Files: While OEM IT takes every precaution to avoid unnecessary erasure of the customer’s data and files, the customer is advised to perform file backup prior to booking the equipment at OEM IT. OEM IT makes no warranty expressed or implied with regards to preservation of data and shall not be liable in any whatsoever for any loss of data or software restoration. OEM IT is not responsible for pirated, illegal, or unlicensed software or media loaded onto Computer that is in for repair.
- Warranty: In servicing your equipment, our technical team tackles only the repair service described on the job card and that is the only area our service warranty covers, OEM IT warrants that services will be performed in a professional and timely manner. All repair services with the exception of liquid damage repairs and graphics related carry a 1-year warranty, (warranty period for liquid damage and graphics repairs is at the total discretion of OEM IT technicians and can be from 6 months to 7 days