How to replace hp toner
Replace the toner cartridge
To replace the toner cartridge, open the scanner assembly and top cover, remove the old toner cartridge, and then install a new one.
- Lift the scanner assembly.Figure : Lifting the scanner assembly
- Open the top cover.Figure : Opening the top cover
- Remove the toner cartridge.Figure : Removing the toner cartridge
- Remove the new toner cartridge from the package.Figure : Removing the new toner cartridge from the package
- Place the used toner cartridge in the bag for recycling.
- Locate the orange clip on the new toner cartridge.Figure : Locating the orange clip on the new toner cartridgeThe orange clipThe orange tab with sealing tape
- Remove the orange clip by pulling upward.Figure : Removing the orange clip
- Grasp both sides of the toner cartridge, and then distribute the toner by gently rocking the toner cartridge back and forth. CAUTION: Do not touch the shutter or the surface of the roller.Figure : Gently rocking the toner cartridge
- Bend the tab on the left side of the toner cartridge until the tab breaks loose. Pull the tab until all the sealing tape is removed from the toner cartridge.Figure : Removing the sealing tape
- Place the tab and tape in the toner cartridge box to return for recycling.
- Align the new toner cartridge with the tracks inside the printer, and then push the toner cartridge until it is firmly seated.Figure : Installing the toner cartridge
- Close the top cover.Figure : Closing the top cover
- Lower the scanner assembly.Figure : Lowering the scanner assembly